WTA Jiangxi Open to begin on September 7
NANCHANG - The 2019 WTA Jiangxi Open will run from September 7 to 15 in Nanchang, capital of East China's Jiangxi province, organizers said on Thursday.
Participants include home favorites Zhang Shuai and Peng Shuai, who will jointly participate in the doubles, and former Grand Slam winners Svetlana Kuznetsova and Samantha Stosur.
There will be 32 slots in the singles main draw and 16 for the doubles.
"This year's Jiangxi Open is set to feature some of the most famous stars of women's tennis, including former Grand Slam champions," said organizing committee member Lin Jun.
The tournament's prize fund totals $250,000, with the winners set to earn 280 WTA ranking points.
The Jiangxi Open is a professional tennis tournament played on hard courts. This year's edition will be the sixth running of the event, and will form part of the 2019 WTA Tour.
- Ronaldo faces Atlético again; depleted PSG takes on Madrid
- Senior Chinese official meets IOC president
- China's Lin Dan suffers early exit at China Open
- Korir relishes Doha heat eyeing gold at debut World marathon C'ships
- China wins women's team crown in 2019 Asian Table Tennis Championships
- Naturalized Lin eyes Olympic glory